Monday, July 28, 2008

Cleaning out toys


The other day I was in Gabe's "choo choo roooom" with him while he played. He has given his play room this name ever since he could start talking. We got him a train table at Christmas and I suppose that is the focal point of the room. I was attempting to clean up and cull through the toys without him noticing. I had a small plastic bag that old toys went into quickly. Before I go on I should mention that he doesn't like it when I clean up his room. Somehow it is not a habit of Casey's to make Gabe clean up at the end of a night of playing in the choo choo room. So in the morning, I'll go up and the place will be a complete wreck. Every box or bin has been dumped. If I try to clean up while Gabe is in there playing, he will come over and dump whatever box I've filled with toys and walk back to wherever he was playing. ugh. I don't understand the desire to have every toy you own on the floor. :)
Anyhow, I inconspicuously was able to go through most of his toys and gather up a box full of trash/junk toys to throw out or give away. I put the toys in a box in another room and halfway closed the box so he couldn't see what was in it. Later that day I was catching up on the phone with my good friend in Houston. I was downstairs chatting it up while Gabe played upstairs. He would come to the top of the stairs occasionally and I heard him playing in the family room and in his choo choo room. At one point in my conversation, I see him run to the other side of the upstairs where the bedrooms are. I then see him cross the top of the stairs pushing the box of trash toys across to his choo choo room. He looks down at me and says, "Bye Bye, Mommy. Bye Bye." I laughed out loud then and now every time I think of him doing this. If it wasn't so funny, I would have been very frustrated. Because you know what he likes to do with boxes of toys, right? Yep, that box was dumped into his choo choo room and all those toys were strewn across the floor.
He is so precious! Wow I love being a mommy.

2 comments:

karen richardson said...

That little stinker! My boys would have done the EXACT same thing! The more toys on the floor, the merrier! He's so smart!

Holly said...

Too cute!