Thursday, August 21, 2008

Baby Shower and Baby Brother

Casey's co-workers had a baby shower for us on Wed. Gabe and I got to go and see Casey's new office and had fun visiting with his co-workers. Everything was so nice. They had our lunch catered with chicken parmesan and pasta and salad. Yummy. I brought a gift from Baby Brother to Gabe. We just had to have something for Gabe to open that was actually his because he's already started becoming very possessive. He's even possessive for other people. I digress but I took a bite of Casey's snow cone while we were driving in the car the other day and Gabe says, "No mommy. Daddy's no cone." :)

Anyhow, Baby brother got him a "peace car." He loves that toy and I'm so glad that my sister and friend Holly made the suggestion to get a gift from baby brother.

Here's Gabe at Daddy's desk.



Baby brother received a Bumbo chair with a tray. These had not come out when we registered the 1st time around, but I think came out shortly after Gabe was born. We never bothered to get one but it looks pretty neat. The minute we opened the Bumbo chair at the office, Gabe wanted to open it and try to sit in it. He called it a potty and stood on it....in front of all the co-workers. :)

When we got home he decided he wanted to sit in it with his snack. So cute!


We received a ton of hand-me-downs from a friend of my sister who has a 5 month old little boy. I washed all the clothes and while I was folding them Gabe came up and grabbed a couple of the shirts. He said, "Dabe's?" I said, "well, no they are actually baby brother's." (I haven't learned yet). He said, "No! Dabe's!" And indicated he wanted to put the shirt on. The particular shirt he grabbed was a newborn so I explained it wouldn't fit him. But I found one that would. It was a 6 month onesie. We couldn't button the bottom but it fit him like a shirt. I'm ashamed to admit it but he wore this shirt for 3 days. :) Notice the tail in the back.


1 comment:

Leilanni said...

Such a great idea!! I'm totally going to steal it :-)