I don't want to forget the following:
We talk to Gabe a lot about being happy or sad. He was throwing a temper tantrum the other day on the stairs after his nap and I said "maybe you need to go back to bed if you can't be happy."
He said, "happy doe?" which in english means where did happy go. I laughed out loud. He again said it today. Casey was upset that Gabe was not obeying and Gabe told me that daddy sad. I said, "Oh is daddy sad." He said, "daddy happy doe?" translation: Where did daddy's happy go? He is so cute, funny and smart! And he really obeys really good most of the time! We went to the JBF sale today and he obeyed so good. I mean this place is covered with 2-year-old temptations from ride-on toys to a sea of little people, fisher price and other toys....he really did good considering how much there was to "play" with.
I had promised him that we would go to a pizza place called Double Dave's if he would obey mommy at the sale.
I digress but there's a funny story about Double Dave's. Casey first took Gabe and my 2 nieces there back in July. At that time they were able to ride on this race car game they had. When we went back the race car game was broken. So Gabe came home talking about how the race car was "brokey" and "we go to nother pissa pace ride race car." Over and over he would talk about another place with a race car. So we went back to Double Dave's 2x and the car was still "brokey." We finally went to Chuck E cheese and they had a race car he could ride.
So today we are on our way to another Double Dave's we saw near the mall. I had told him we were going to another Double Dave's. On the way there we saw a Chuck E Cheese and he wanted to go there. So we went to CeC instead. He loves the Bob the Builder ride there. That's all he does when he goes to CeC. I actually bought him a Bob the Builder costume today. I also bought a dragon that he can wear for Halloween and bought Bob costume just for fun since it was so cheap. I bought Gavin a Pea in a Pod costume. Cousin Abby's b-day is in mid October and she loves Halloween so they always do a Halloween-themed costume party. That's all for now. There are other things I want to write about but am so tired...and need to rest while I can. Gavin will want to eat shortly. He went on a 3 hour eating spree this evening so I'm hoping he won't be hungry for a while but I have a feeling it will be a long night. :)
1 comment:
Mmmm . . .Double Dave's is yummy :-)
Gabe is SUCH a good boy! Ever since our visit last week we have done a lot of talking around here about having "happy hearts" That seems to be something E understands - thanks for a great mommy tip!
Post a Comment