Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Gavin is crawling...almost

Gavin has been "almost"crawling for the past month or longer. Everytime I see him get up I think, "this is it...he's going to crawl." He startedout getting up in the plank position. But yesterday he really did it! He got on both knees and rocked back and forth and then later he put one knee in front of the other. Crawling or not he gets around. He's been rolling and moving with his arms all over the place. The cutest thing is that if a toy is just out of his reach he'll get on his knees and then bury his face in his hands on the floor, like he's really sleepy. Then he lurches forward just enough to reach the toy most of the time.

He is a rambuctious little thing. He is not like Gabe in this way...When Gabe was a baby he could fall asleep anywhere...if he was tired he would go to sleep. Gavin on the other hand fights sleep forever...he'll get so tired that he'll end up crying himself to sleep most of the time. Of course this is really only when we are away from home. If he's at home he is really good...if I see him rub his eyes, that is my cue...I'll lay him down and put on his Baby Einstein turtle toy and he'll go to sleep. I love my boys!

No comments: