Wednesday, May 13, 2009

God is good...

I'm annoyed at having our house burglarized. I'm more annoyed that they took my two digital cameras and our video recorder that had all of the video of Gavin beginning to crawl and Gabe's program...he was singing "This little light of mine." I loved it that they chose this song for Gabe's class. I have sung this song to him since he was a baby! He was so animated holding his finger up and waving it around. It was so precious. (Gabe's sweet teacher Miss Jenny has a video she is going to share with us).

But with the annoyance I am reminded at God's sweet love for us. He protected us on Monday. We left to run errands and were not at home when they came crashing through our back door. Perhaps they saw us leave. I actually almost turned around to get something out of the house to return to the store. I stopped just down the street but decided to go on.
When I was surveying the damage I was putting the situation into perspective. We were all safe and alive. I thought of everything we have gone through and we have survived a lot. We are alive. We have each other and these two precious children on earth. That's all that matters. Believe me...I have had moments of unrest and fear. But God reminds me in my spirit that He is there protecting us. A lot of people have commented that we must feel so violated. Somehow I do not. I can't speak for Casey.
When we went to Hawaii and were staying in a house with several friends, we were burglarized. At that time I did have that feeling of violation. It's strange that in my own home I don't feel that way. Maybe once the shock subsides I'll feel that way. I'm only upset about the video and pictures we lost.

4 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

This is so scary -- especially since it was in my neighborhood too! I am so thankful that you guys were okay and not home.

Have their been other breakins? Any leads on catching the bad guys?

Smang said...

No leads as far as I know but from what I'm reading on the Heritage Bulletin Board, probably one of those people who hang flyers.
There was an attempted break-in next door a couple of Saturdays ago but they have dogs and the barking scared those people off. They actually caught them and it was a couple of teenagers on drugs. No Soliciting neighborhood here we come. :)

Holly said...

So scary. I am glad you guys weren't home and you all are okay.

Leilanni said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you all were not home, but I am sorry for the pictures and video that were lost :-(