Sunday, November 07, 2010

This one is for the record books...911 call

Gabe has been practicing dialing 911 on our phone lately.  A school extra curricular calendar prompted this.  I unplug the phone line and had him practice a few times last week.  "Check" on the calendar and then we moved on to practicing writing our letters.

Well this evening Gabe was playing with the phone while I was finishing up the cookies he wanted to "help" me make.

I kept telling him to not play with the phone.  He said, "911, I know how to dial 911."  I said, "do not do that for real, Gabe.  That is serious!"  I could hear the sequence of buttons on the phone and I never heard him turn the phone on.  I finally went and unplugged the phone line so I didn't have to worry about him calling 911 for real.  Whew, disaster averted! 
Several minutes passed and then the doorbell rang.  I look out the window and there are 2 cops standing at the door.  My first thought is, "I hope one of the neighbors didn't have a break-in."  Why else would 2 policemen be at my door?

No comments: