Went to the Dr. today and we are 2 1/2 cm dilated and 30% effaced. woo hoo. That's progress. Not very much, but progress nonetheless. :)
My Dr. leaves town next Wed. the 27th and doesn't return until the 31st. Really?? My only concern is that we want to have a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean). And there is one of 4 or 5 doctors who is on call for my Dr. who will not do VBACs. I aksed my Dr. what recourse I had if I went into labor when he was on call and he said I had none. I would have to do a c-section. What? That seems ridiculous. Anyhow, we cleared that up today. This Dr. will not be on call while my Dr. is out of town so I should be okay.
So I've thought from the beginning about when the baby would be born. God has always seemed to use dates for significance for Casey and I. It's possible He has done this even more than I realize but I just started noticing this about 5 or 6 years ago because of the significance.
A few examples: Casey was diagnosed with cancer and had surgery on May 14th. Five days later, on May 19th, on his birthday, we found out it was malignant. For a year he went in every 3 months for scans to see if it was spreading. For the better part of that year we thought it had spread to his lymph nodes. On Casey's birthday May 19th the following year, we found out that it was a misread on the scan and it had not spread, but in fact he had been cancer free for that entire year since his surgery. AMAZING!
Casey was hired into Motorola on April 5th, 1999 And 5 years to the day he was offered a position with the Motorola in Carrollton. We were getting to move back to Fort Worth! yippee!
My grandfather passed away on my birthday, August 27, 2004. Not exactly a positive example, but a date of significance, nonetheless.
Nate and Gabe were born on My grandmother's birthday, March 23rd and of course this is the same day that Nate passed away.
And without any intervention, or plans Casey and I got pregnant naturally (complete MIRACLE) and the baby is due Sept. 3rd. Which means he could be born a week early on my birthday, August 27th. Which would make what was most recently a negative with my grandfaher's death a positive!
We will see. I'm not pretending to know what God has in store for us! It's just interesting to me how he has used dates to show us His power and glory. He is in control...and that is something that we have always needed to be reminded of. :)
1 comment:
I love those stories about how God used significant dates - He is so sovereign!
And I'm glad the doctor situation worked out - I'm sure that's a load off and one less thing to think about!
Post a Comment